Holy Star Wars!

Holy Star Wars!

After almost a month of sacred readings of Star Wars, I have been thinking a lot about how to ensure that my writings are as accessible to a...

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Holy Star Wars!

After almost a month of sacred readings of Star Wars, I have been thinking a lot about how to ensure that my writings are as accessible to as many people as possible. Writing solely about Star Wars and Torah admittedly limits my potential audience significantly. So, today I am starting Mk. II of my Star Wars sacred reading endeavor:



The goal is the same: read Star Wars through a particular theme in order to gain deeper insight into the text itself and into the theme so that we can come away with calls to action for our own lives. What is new will be what the coupled texts will be. Every Sunday I will still strive to publish a post that explores the weekly Torah portion, and now as I start to venture into the other mediums of storytelling Star Wars has to offer (TV, books, and comics), I will also be venturing into the sacred texts of other religions. I firmly believe that by coupling the Star Wars texts with other, more traditional texts, the comparative reading that occurs allows for far greater insights into either text and the theme than would be possible with reading just one or the other independently. So, my goal is to release at least one more, if not two more posts a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays that explore those different Star Wars mediums alongside the sacred texts of other religions and cultures. This will most often include the Christian Bible as well as the Qur'an, but will also include sacred stories ranging from the Epic of Gilgamesh to Greek Mythology, to the sacred stories from fictional worlds, such as Vulcans and Klingons, or Tolkien's Elves. Hopefully, through a diversity of sacred texts as well as a diversity of Star Wars, we will have more opportunity than ever to explore deep themes and the stories we love.

I couldn't decide on the color scheme for the new logo, so bellow is the alternate version. Still playing around with it altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment